2-Day Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul by Overnight Bus
Click the tabs below for more information
2-Day Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul by Overnight BusHead to Cappadocia by overnight bus and spend 2 days exploring dramatic rock formations in the Devrent Valley, ancient pottery techniques in Avanos, and cutout cave homes in Kaymakli. Enjoy tasty meals along the way and stay the night in a comfortable cave hotel. (If you choose, upgrade your trip by opting in for an unforgettable hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia.)
Day 1: Overnight Bus to CappadociaLate evening you will be transferred to the bus station to take your overnight bus departing at 8.30 pm to Cappadocia. The total duration of travel will be 11 hours. There will be three breaks on the way to Cappadocia for your personal needs. You will arrive in Cappadocia at the Goreme bus station in the morning the next day.
Note: During your transfer on the local bus, you will be unaccompanied and touring services will start once you have met your local tour guide upon arrival at the destination..
- Overnight Bus to Cappadocia
Day 2: Full Day North Cappadocia Tour
Upon your arrival at the Goreme or Urgup bus station in Cappadocia you will be met at the bus station and transferred to your Cappadocia hotel. At the hotel you can have your breakfast and be ready to meet your tour guide around 09:30. Your tour will start with a visit to the Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy chimneys. Next you will visit the Pasabag Monk’s Valley to see the mushroom-shaped pinnacles. After this visit, you will drive to the city of Avanos. After lunch you will visit the beautiful open air museum of Goreme where the remains of rock-cut churches and Christian settlements date back hundreds of years. Finally towards the end of the day tour before returning to your hotel, you will be able to visit the natural castles of Uchisar. At the end of the tour you will be dropped back to your hotel in the evening.
- Included meals: Breakfast and Lunch
- Overnight in Cappadocia
Day 3: Full Day South Cappadocia Tour, Overnight Bus to Istanbul
You may add an optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over picturesque Cappadocia to your tour at an extra cost of USD 130.00. With an early morning pick up around 5:00 am from your hotel you can join an early morning Hot Air Balloon ride for approximately 60 minutes. If interested, please request at the time of booking your tour with us and we can make all necessary arrangements on your behalf!
After breakfast at the hotel around 09:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full day tour of South Cappadocia. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. Your tour will begin with a visit to the Red Valley where you will be able to explore the famous rock-cut churches and hike approximately 5 km through the Gulludere (Rose) Valley. Next you will visit Cavusin village which is famous for its houses and churches of the Christian Clergymen. We will take a break for lunch around noon. After lunch you will drive to the Pigeon Valley. In the afternoon you will visit the Kaymakli underground city where early Christians lived. This will be the end of your full day tour. After the tour you will travel overnight to Istanbul in a non-smoking, fully air-conditioned local bus departing the bus station approximately 8:30 pm. The total duration of travel will be 11 hours with arrival into Istanbul the next day. There will be three breaks on the way to Istanbul for your personal needs.
- Included meals: Breakfast and Lunch
- Overnight Bus to Istanbul
Day 4: Arrival in Istanbul
The local bus will arrive at the main Istanbul bus station between 7:30 – 9:30 am depending on traffic conditions. END OF SERVICES.
Included in this package:
- Pick up from Hotel to Istanbul Main Bus Terminal
- Roundtrip overnight local bus between Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 1 night hotel with breakfast
- 2 lunches
- Entrance fees
- English-speaking guide during the tours
- Transport by air-conditioned Vehicles
- Taxes and service charges
- Transfer from Bus Station to Hotel in Istanbul at the End of the Tour
- Hot air balloon flight
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
- The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
- Upon arrival at the Istanbul Main Bus Terminal you will have to arrange your own pick-up transfer from bus station to your hotel in Istanbul. This transfer is not included as part of your package tour services with us.
- When you book the tour online, you can add the hot air balloon ride to your online booking for the early morning of the second day in Cappadocia. The price for the hot air balloon ride is USD 130.00 per person. If you join the hot air balloon ride you will not miss any part of the full day Cappadocia group tour as the hot air balloon ride is in the early morning before start of the full day Cappadocia tour.
with 2 adults
You will stay in special cave hotel throughout your tour. You will stay for one night at the Holiday Cave Hotel or Heaven Cave House, or similar in Cappadocia