Istanbul Byzantine and Ottoman Relics Tour
Click the tabs below for more information
Full-Day Istanbul Byzantine and Ottoman Tour
Highlights: Discover the splendor of Byzantine and Ottoman Istanbul, the ancient city of Constantinople, on this fascinating 8-hour history tour led by an expert guide. Walking in between Byzantine and Ottoman History included informative guided tour service for Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar and Topkapi Palace.
Guests will be picked up around 8:30 am, and brought to the Sultanahmet district, the oldest, most historic part of the city. The first stop of the day will be the Hagia Sophia, as our tour guide explains the significance of this massive building that was once a Christian church, then a mosque, and now a museum.
Afterward, we will pass the Hippodrome of Constantinople, where we will see the site's impressive obelisk, before reaching the Blue Mosque. We should be sure to take pictures of both the interior and exterior of this impressive building.
Next, we will continue to the Grand Bazaar, a massive, bustling complex to find clothing, decorative furnishings, food, and more. On the way to the bazaar, we will see other historical monuments, like the Tomb of Sultan Ahmet I, the Firuz Aga Mosque, and the exterior of the Tomb of Mehmed II. After our visit to the Grand Bazaar, we will make a brief stop for lunch.
In the afternoon, we will visit Topkapi Palace, the primary residence of the Ottoman sultans for nearly 400 years. At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel or cruise port around 5:30 pm.
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel (on European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port
- Entrance fees
- English-speaking guide during the tours
- Transport by air-conditioned Vehicles
- Taxes and service charges
- No hidden or extra cost
- Personal expenses
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
- The regular group tour has shopping stop included in the tour
- A moderate amount of walking is involve
- During religious holidays, the spice market and Grand Bazaar are closed
- St. Sophia is closed on Monday, this will be replaced with the Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnici)
- Please note that the Blue Mosque is not open for visitation on Fridays as it is closed for religious prayer services. You will only be able to visit the outside of Blue Mosque area on tours operated on Fridays. No visitation will be allowed inside the Blue Mosque for tourists on Fridays
- Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesday, it will be replaced with the Beylerbeyi Palace
- Grand Bazaar is closed on Sunday
- Pick-up and drop-off service is only provided from city center hotels including the Old City and Taksim and Beyoglu hotels. Pick up service from outside the city center will be at an additional cost that we will communicate once you give us your exact pick-up location